Telluride possesses a treasure trove of natural beauty that entices all who venture to this somewhat remote region of southwestern Colorado. There are many ways to enjoy the many activities the area has to offer, but its best-known asset is, of course, the snow. Skiing and snowboarding in Telluride can offer visitors of all abilities amazing days full of fresh powder and bluebird skies. It is a worldwide snowsport destination that is well worth the effort it takes to get here. With great snow, excellent terrain, and unmatched panoramas all around, Telluride is a much-desired resort for winter connoisseurs. Here is a look at some of the best runs and routes on the mountain to ensure you make the most of the adventure.

The terrain at Telluride is diverse. While the mountain is known for offering challenging and varied routes for expert-level skiers and snowboarders, there are still plenty of options for beginners and intermediates alike. 60% of the 2,000+ acres of skiable terrain are available to skiers of all abilities, but if you consider yourself in the expert category, the remaining 40% of the mountain will leave your legs burning and your lungs lurching with a certain smile on your face all day. Telluride has it all: great groomers, epic hike-to terrain, monstrous moguls, terrific trees, and steep-and-deep options to keep an avid skier occupied all season. The runs listed here are all well worth exploring and can keep you going all day, but be sure to explore on your own as there are just too many good options to fit into one list!

Best First Run: See Forever

As the name implies, this run has quite the view. See Forever is an awesome way to start your day and a great option to warm up the legs and get a good look at the beauty of the mountain and surrounding area. This is one of the longest runs on the mountain, and on a clear day, you can easily see all the way into Utah. This is a groomed blue run that is great for skiers and riders who are comfortable with the sport. If you’re a beginner, try the Galloping Goose Run for a similar feel and view.

Best Hike-to Terrain: Gold Hill

This hike-to terrain is for experts only. From the top of Lift 15 (Revelation), you can hike the ridgeline to access some serious chutes and steep runs that are challenging and rewarding double black diamonds. Depending on your drive, you can hike for a quarter mile or so to access Gold Hill 1 and Gold Hill 2, or if you venture further along the ridge, the Gold Hill Chutes can be unreal on a powder day. Another great hike-to terrain to note is Palmyra Peak.

Best Family Run: Galloping Goose

Galloping Goose is a long green run that has plenty of room to keep a crowd and the family together. There are a few different locations for the kids to pop off into the trees safely, and the Goose runs almost the entire length of the mountain, making it a great option to spin laps on if you’re a beginner or teaching others how to get comfortable on the snow. Hit the Ute Park beginner’s area if you’re a novice and want to feel safe but still have a lot of fun.

Best Big Mountain Run: Genevieve

If you don’t want a big hike but still want the exhilaration of big mountain skiing, head towards Genevieve. You can access this run from the top of Lift 12 (Prospect Express), and though it’s a short hike, it’s well worth it. The run right next to Genevieve is called La Rosa, and both of these are challenging, big mountain terrain types of runs that are great for anyone seeking adrenalin.

Best Trees: Happy Thought

Tree skiing is not for everyone, but trees and powder often go hand in hand if you’re looking for fresh turns. Happy Thought is a run-off of Lift 6 (Apex), and the trees on either side of the main cut are fun and accessible. Pine glades often hold powder for days longer than the main runs, so fresh snow can be found here often. Nearby Zulu Queen holds some great snow in the trees as well.

Regardless of your favorite type of terrain, Telluride has something for everyone. The runs listed here barely scratch the surface of this mountain, so make sure to grab your trail map and explore all that Telluride offers. With a variety of lodging options to suit every taste and budget, you can rest easy and enjoy your adventure. Telluride is a bold and beautiful skiing destination worthy of years of exploration. Get out there and go for it!